Las Vegas Downtown Attractions
Las Vegas is a city like no other. The numerous casinos, the free shows, the attractions and the number of entertainment options in the city make it a perfect place for a fun filled vacation experience. Every year, thousands of people from all over the world visit the city to experience a once in a lifetime holiday. The hotels and resorts in the city offer Las Vegas all inclusive packages which makes it possible for tourists to have an inexpensive vacation.
Las Vegas is known by many names, the Wedding capital of the world, the Sin City and the gambling city. There are plenty of things to see and things to do in the city. While the main attractions in the city still remain concentrated around the legendary Strip, there are plenty of other places in the city to explore.
Downtown Las Vegas has plenty of things to offer. Some of the main attractions in this part of the city are as listed below:
- The most popular attraction in downtown Las Vegas is the Freemont Street experience. The show is free for visitors and it includes an energetic and a fun filled light, audio visual show. There is a giant canopy on the street here where the multi media show is presented beginning at dusk and going on till mid night. This is definitely not to be missed.
- Another popular attraction in downtown is the giant golden nugget. This is the world’s largest golden nugget which is open for visitors to admire. The golden nugget is located on the Freemont Street in downtown Las Vegas.
- Another popular attraction and one which has been recently opened is The Tank. The Tank has been built to have a large shark tank, various private cabanas and a three storey water slide. The total cost for building this attraction was $30 million.
- For tourists who are visiting Las Vegas in December, the Downtown Hoedown is a popular festival to attend. This cowboy style show is held every year before the national rodeo competition and features several well known music bands and cowboy style entertainment options.
- The Freemont East Entertainment district is lined with many casinos, clubs and several hot spots that are well known through the city.
- The City of Las Vegas fire department has many guided tours that are popular with kids and adults. The tours involve watching real firemen while they are at work, real fire trucks and lessons on fire safety.
- The First Friday is a popular event, especially among the art lovers. Held on every first Friday of the month, the event showcases interesting art works, photography and visual and performing arts. The event is quite popular among the locals as well as tourists.
Las Vegas is a large city, however, not many people venture far from the Strip. There are plenty of places to explore in the city, downtown Las Vegas being one of them. Tourists can not only visit some of the most well known attractions here but get some relief from the crowds of tourists that are mostly seen around the strip.